Looking to move to the mountains? Want to help build out a water / wastewater division. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a dynamic and fast-growing 8-person team located near Aspen, CO.
RFE is looking for a senior project manager / principal level candidate to lead our water and wastewater division. Our geographical market is the Roaring Fork Valley encompassing Aspen, Snowmass, Carbondale, Basalt and Glenwood Springs. We have a diversified client mix including: City of Aspen Water and Engineering Departments, Town of Carbondale, Habitat for Humanity, Aspen Skiing Company, Pitkin County and the City of Glenwood Springs. We are currently the on-call Town Engineer for Carbondale, and District Engineer for the Basalt Sanitation District and Brush Creek Metro District.
RFE began 10 years ago and has gained a significant share of the Roaring Fork Valley market in both the municipal and development sectors. Ownership promotes a value driven culture and believes that growing and sustaining the right culture is a key element of a successful organization. We expect
excellent work from our employees but also provide opportunities for staff to maintain a healthy and sustainable work life balance. Our employees get to enjoy the mountain sports such as skiing, mountain biking and rafting all while working on some of the best projects in the Valley.
- Lead the design of water and wastewater projects with a focus on plant design
- Manage a team of junior engineers to develop plan sets
- Typically, will manage multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously
- Interact with other disciplines and regulators as needed
- Business development for water/wastewater
- Civil engineering degree and Colorado Professional Engineering License or license eligible for reciprocity by Colorado
- 10-20 years of experience designing municipal plants, booster stations and lift stations
- Possess managerial abilities to lead a team and eager to develop junior staff
- Project management track record
- Good interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with clients, regulatory agencies, and co-workers
Additional Desired Skills
- Track record of growing and managing a team.
- Hydraulic modeling experience
- Water resource and drainage design experience
- Water rights knowledge
- Civil 3D experience
Salary will depend on relevant experience and the range is $135,000-$155,000. Other benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision, long, and short term disability fully funded and life insurance
- Retirement Plan and 3% match (dollar for dollar)
- Paid time off, sick, vacation (4-5 weeks DOE), holidays
- Eligibility for Year-end bonus
- Comp time for hours worked over 40 per week
- Aspen 2-day Premier Ski Pass with a flexible schedule to use it
All applications will be kept strictly confidential.